[Sca-cooks] Question about Camp Food

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Jan 15 21:42:22 PST 2003

Hi, gang.
At our next A&S night, our barony will be discussing simple camp
foods--foods that are do-able without a lot of fancy equipment, or
spending all day over a stove, etc.
My barony's pretty good about serving period food at our feasts (we were
always at least peri-oid, but are always improving), but I've
rarely-to-never seen anyone do much in the way of period food at camping
events.
Sooooo......
What are some of the dishes from period recipes that y'all have done
that have worked out well? We *do* have to travel a lot to get where
we're going, so that's an issue; and I'm not looking at this from a
no-refrigeration, period-cooking methods only standpoint, so things that
need to be kept cold are fine.
I'm hoping to get some ideas that will allow me to suggest/introduce
camp food that goes beyond the nearly ubiquitous spaghetti, stirfry, and
salad mix with bottled dressings.
And yes, I'm checking the flori-thingy, and His Grace's website....<g>
Thanks,
Maire