[Sca-cooks] Midrealm University Discussion--OT

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Jan 28 18:08:53 PST 2003

Over the holidays there were several discussions on
the MK Cooks List on what I guess could be called
 the state of "medieval" cookery, authenticity, research,
and feasting in the SCA.

On reading all the posted messages after my return in January, it seemed
 to me that this would be a good topic for a roundtable
discussion and that it would be nice to sit around in person
and talk about the state of food and feasts and cooking in the Society.

So I set about setting up a session to do just that.

I received confirmation tonight that we have a room.
The event will be
The Barony of White Waters Presents
    The Royal University of the Midrealm
    Winter, A.S. XXXVIII

    Saturday, February 22, 2003
    Central Christian Church
    418 West Franklin Street
    Elkhart, IN 46516
http://www.midrealm.org/rum/

SO, if you are attending RUM, come past and join in the discussion.

Time still to be determined, probably early afternoon.
Day tripping is possible.

People other than cooks are invited to attend this one and contribute
their thoughts. There will be sessions on Elizabethan Printed Cookbooks
and
The Regimen sanitatis Salernitanum (The Salerno book of health) also.
There are openings for classes if you would like to come and teach.

 Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway