[Sca-cooks] victorian house

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Wed Jan 29 08:19:40 PST 2003

Personally, I watched Victorian House., I thought it sucked the big pig.

The person in charge of restoring the house and setting up period bits like
the coal fired stove for the kitchen  was an absolute idiot. IF they had any
training on how to do anything, it didnt show. The mother was too wussy to
use a maid of all work correctly and they allowed the mother and daughter to
do a music hall turn. The daughters complained abouit being bored because
they didnt provide any 'surrogate' for the normal interpersonal interactions
the children would have actually had, nor did they really portray a
realistic family lifestyle of that class at that time.

Altogether a great waste of film.

Personally I would love to do colonial house, but there is only Rob and
myself and i dont think the navy would spring him for the amount of time
this would take...unless they would let rob go to work every day...anad the
navy would agree to let him change to a shore duty from sea duty...
when pigs fly ;-)
margali

the quote starts here:
I missed the original post.  This is cool.  I saw a show done by, I think,
the BBC, or another Brit tv, that were doing the Victorian thing that
way.  it was really interesting to watch.

Master, I do hope you get it :-)  I suspect there will be a LOT of demand
for this :-)

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd