[Sca-cooks] Wedding Announcement

Anne duBosc anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 1 01:46:42 PST 2003

Well, that would make me a bastard, wouldn't it?  Nah, I ain't one of those.  Another B word, maybe.  Mama and Daddy were married 35 years, divorced 21 years, and now are married again.  It's a story right out of one of those bodice rippers.  It's been fun these last few years, though, telling people my parents were living in sin.  They were going to try to sneak it in on us, do the deed, then tell everybody about it later. But I found Mama in tears last night, because she couldn't find the License Bureau yesterday.  I spent the day investigating and making appointments, and inviting her Brother and his wife to be witnesses, and generally arranging a Wedding in one day, then notifying their Sibs and mine.
OF content:  The Wedding dinner was at a Very Posh Chinese restaurant here called Lin's.  They had Shrimp and Scallops in Garlic Sauce, and I had Tangerine Beef with a Chicken Lettuce Wrap.  I think I tasted tangerine juice, honey,  garlic, and chinese peppers in the tangerine sauce.  Thinly sliced beef, deep fried then basted with the tangerine sauce.  Was very good, but a tad too overdone around the edges.  The Lettuce Wrap was chicken, peas, carrots and celery with lightly fried freshly made Chinese noodles, fresh raw crisp iceberg lettuce leaves to wrap it in, and a wonderful thick fish sauce to drizzle over it.  Maybe could have used a little sesame seed to make it perfect.  The scallops were about the diameter of a silver dollar, and about an inch and a half thick, and so tender you were lucky to pick them up whole with your fork.   The shrimp were about the same size.  This is the third time I've eaten there, and I'm still trying to figure out what's different about the spring rolls.  Something I can't quite put my finger on, but it's a good difference, whatever it is.
Well, to bed after a long, busy day.
Mordonna
 Olwen the Odd <olwentheodd at hotmail.com> wrote:>I am proud to announce the wedding of my Parents. At 4:30 P.M. today,
>Tuesday, December 31, 2002, Margaret Pearl (Butch, Mimi) Tatum was married
>to Talmadge Dewitt (Tal, TD, Gigipa) DuBose at the Chandler Justice Court.
>
>Lady Anne du Bosc
>Known as Mordonna The Cook

Oh how very nice! Congratulations and best wishes to the happy couple. Is
this their first marraige?
Olwen

Lady Anne du Bosc
Known as Mordonna The Cook