[Sca-cooks] Kitchen Scene by Campi

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Jan 2 08:22:24 PST 2003

Also sprach Sue Clemenger:
>Mud or snow or *other stuff* <g>.
>We had a large one, about 2'x3', outside the backdoor at my folks' (the
>back door being the one everyone came through, anyways....typical
>farmhouse! <g>)
>--maire, old farm geek

Awright, so I'm the UUY. I forgot.

I wonder if, in the movie "The Gangs of New York" (based allegedly
but not in any recognizable fact on Herbert Asbury's fascinating
non-fiction account of an era of which I've often thought of doing
recreation), the streets of downtown Manhattan (there being no uptown
Manhattan worth speaking of at the time) are filled a foot deep with
a mudlike amalgam of trash, wet ashes, horse manure, raw sewage and
other, less savory products?

"'Oo's that, than?"

"I dunno. Must be the Mayor."

"Why?"

"Because 'e hasn't got *other stuff* all over 'im."

Adamantius