[Sca-cooks] Re: Kitchen Scene by Campi

Thu Jan 2 09:12:32 PST 2003

It may be a pumpkin or it may be a basket gourd.  It is impossible to tell,
because the plate covers the stem.  In the full painting, there are some
squashes in a basket further to the left.

I'm curious about where you are seeing flowers in this particular detail.
There are some flowers in a basket to the lower left in the full painting,
but they don't appear in the detail.  If you are talking about the things
directly below and slightly to her to her right, that is a tub of grapes.

Bear