[Sca-cooks] Re: Debatable Crown

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 2 12:53:53 PST 2003

--- Kirsten Houseknecht
<kirsten at fabricdragon.com> wrote:
> the quote i had heard was
> once a count, twice a duke, three times a
> fool..
> on the grounds that opnly a fool would *want*
> to be King three or more
> times.
> Kirsten

I once had a t-shirt purchased at a mundane
store, which had this on the front:

Once a King, always a King, but once a Knight is
enough.

I thought it was funny.  But I had a lot of
people tell me that once a Knight was never
enough.  And while I agree with this, I also have
to say that once a Knight every Knight is a
satisfactory exception.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.