[Sca-cooks] Gifts! Woo Hoo!

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Thu Jan 2 15:37:00 PST 2003

> Selene just got back from Jolly Old England tonight and she brought loot!
<> Lots of books. And most
> of them for me! Hee...hee...hee!
> "Dangerous Tastes. The Story of Spices" by Andrew Dalby. Softcover. 184
pgs. What at first appeared to be a dry
> tome about spices and such is very cool on deeper inspection. The writing
is very readible and the subject matter is
> far more interesting than I first thought. This is a very neat book.<
> Gunthar

        I received this book a year ago for Christmas.  It *is* very
fascinating reading.  Granted,  the text starts out within our time frame,
and soon exceeds it, but loads of information about the various spices we
use  {and some pretty cool "I dunno" stories} where they came from, how they
traveled, what made them expensive, {the "I dunno" stories ;>} and other
cool stuff like that.  Hmmm . . . .loaned *MY* copy out, may have to see
about getting it back.

    Happy reading, Gunther!

    Caointiarn