[Sca-cooks] Kitchen Scene by Campi

Jeff.Gedney at Dictaphone.com Jeff.Gedney at Dictaphone.com
Fri Jan 3 06:18:07 PST 2003

> Looks for all the world to me like he's blowing the skin away from the
whole
> chicken via the neck. The striations on the object look a lot like the
> breast of a chicken---which makes sense in that a lady is cleaning
chickens
> to his left (our right) and the cat in the middle is defending those
innards
> from the dog.

If that is a chicken then it is a) unfeathered and totally deviod of those
characteristic feather bumps, which the artist took great pains to show on
the other chicken, and b) totally devoud of wings, legs or body cavity.
That is plainly the pig's bladder.

Also the cat is calmly cleaning itself after it's meal. I have seen just
the same expression on my cats, ears and all,  when washing their face by
licking paws and rubbing. the cat is plainly lickin its upraised paw.
anyway the dog in in the middle ground, BEHIND the cat, and is looking
behind the cat. Looks to me more like the dog is barking at the guy putting
the poultry on the skewer. He is in the same plane as the dog.  The cat is
definitely NOT engaging or even looking at the dog. and as the dog is
physically BEHIND the cat, for the dog to be looking AT the cat, the dog
would have to be partially facing front.  It is facing right, behind the
cat.

I am still trying to figure out what the lady on the floor is crushing,  on
the plate in formt of her is something I cant make out... Dried Figs?

Brandu