[Sca-cooks] A Feast Experiment

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sun Jan 5 08:00:15 PST 2003

What period ar you interested in or will any do? Also do you want
to keep the foods to a certain era or country/region? Or is the
theme "hunting" and any period or style or source goes?

If you want to do Welsh, you might check out Bobbi Freeman's books.

Johnnae llyn Lewis   Johnna Holloway

Catherine Hartley wrote:
> After along break from the list (try catching up on 5000 cooks list posts....),
>> I have begun the research for a feast idea that popped into my head after reading
 a welsh cookbook that basically documented food the welsh might have
eaten in period
 by going back to poems and stories. As I am cooking a feast at a hunt
themed event,
 I am looking to "cross document" my dishes with anecdotal evidence
found in stories
 and poems taht have a traveling or hunting theme or as close as you can
get.
> > If anyone knows of stories and/or poems that mention things snipped
 So think back to your favorite stories and poems that mention food and
send them my way!