[Sca-cooks] SHARPENING KNIVES {NOT QUITE A DICK}

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Sun Jan 5 16:44:08 PST 2003

> The "chef" kept saying how <> they NEVER NEED SHARPENING!<

A couple of years ago I bought some Gen-yoo-wine Ginsu knives<> Well,
earlier this year I needed to cut a small length of 1-1/2" PVC pipe,<> I
grabbed one of the Ginsu's and began to saw away. It did, indeed, cut
through the pipe. But the job left the poor knife with a couple of permanent
nicks, so while it SHOULD never need sharpening, it does, indeed, need
sharpening. <

    Being away for the weekend, I got to watch the Food channel.  One
particular program talked about using the sharpening {honer?} tool each time
you use your knife (s) and to have your knives sharpened by a professional
every 6 months.  What is the opinions of the list?  How does one  *find*  a
professional knife sharpener?

    Caointiarn