[Sca-cooks] Mordonna scores a big one!

Anne duBosc anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 5 20:38:16 PST 2003

Hmmmmm, I did not reply to this.  HOWEVER, I got the one you sent three times.  Are there sunspots tonight?
Mordonna
 "Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius" <adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:Also sprach Anne duBosc:

> "Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius" wrote:
>Also sprach Daniel Myers:
>>I did a quick search through "Two Fifteenth Century Cookery Books" and
>>didn't find any references to lettuce. "Curye on Inglysh" has lettuce
>>appearing in two recipes (see below) in one particular manuscript of
>>"Form of Curye", however lettuce doesn't seem to be mentioned in any of
>>the other manuscripts, and 2 recipes out of 205 is not a high
>>percentage.
>>
>>8 Iowtes of Flessh. Take borage, cool, langdebef, persel, betes
>>[/letuys], orage, auance, violet, saueray, and fenkel; and whanne
>>(th)ey buth sode, presse hem wel, hakke [/& hew] hem smale; cast hem in
>>gode broth & se(th) hem and serue hem forth.
>>
>>78 Salat. Take persel, sage, grene garlec, chibolles, onynouns, leek,
>>borage, myntes, porrettes, fenel, and toun cressis, rew, rosemarye,
>>purslarye; laue and waische hem clene. Pike hem. Pluk hem smale
>>wi(th) (th)yn honde, and myng hem wel with rawe oile; lay on vyneger
>>and salt, and serue it forth.
>
>You know, I thought there might be a reference to lettuce in the
>second recipe above, but I don't see any use of the word at all.
>
>Confused...
>
>Adamantius

I'm sorry, still confused. Did you add any text in the above,
Mordonna? Is there a reference to lettuce in the salat recipe above?

Adamantius

Lady Anne du Bosc
Known as Mordonna The Cook
Atenveldt, Atenveldt