Vinegar in Re: [Sca-cooks] Tart crusts

Generys ferch Ednuyed generys at blazemail.com
Thu Jan 9 07:12:22 PST 2003

Well, maybe if you used either frozen forks, or a frozen pastry cutter,
you'd get the dough colder in initial blending? Do you have a marble you can
chill (I scored one for half price, and I **love** it... ) ?  OOh, I just
had an idea - don't know if this would work or not, but what if you got
gloves? Like a new, clean pair of those heavy latex dishwashing gloves? Not
only could you chill those slightly before wearing them, but it'd insulate
the crust from your warm hands?
Just thinking out loud,

Generys who has cold hands anyway, but puts them in cold water for a minute
before playing with pastry...