[Sca-cooks] a question for the geeks- OT-OOP

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Jan 9 14:26:23 PST 2003

At 04:35 PM 1/9/03 -0500, you wrote:
>My son, the computer geek, says..."tell her to stay with what she's using.
>The newer Netscapes suck...unfortunately."
>Take it for what it's worth Laine.

Urgh. I like the current one just fine, but I am more and more often
finding websites that won't operate correctly with a three-year-old
program. P*sses me off just a bit, if you ask me.

Of course I'm not sure I can load a new one anyway- last time we tried it
hung up ont eh section of files that committed suicide last spring. What I
really need is a new machine, but that will require a new job, and I might
as well try to flap my arms and fly to the moon for all I'm brilliantly
successful in the employment arena...  (forgive me- I'm really, REALLY
discouraged right now...)

>Phillipa
><We take my baby, the computer genius, uh, geek back on Saturday. Half of me
>is gonna miss him. and half of me is gonna dance the Macarena.>

:-) I get to drive home (2 hours) from 12th Night Sunday, and then drive
Annie back to Cornish (3 hours) Sunday evening. I think I'll crash at her
place overnight before I come home.

I'm gonna miss the goober though- she's really become a remarkable young
woman. Living by herself in teh Big City has done a lot for her.

Sometimes being a mom isn't so easy.

'Lainie