[Sca-cooks] OT, OOP: Where to live?

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 9 20:48:56 PST 2003

From: Daniel Myers <doc at medievalcookery.com>
>On Wednesday, January 8, 2003, at 10:25 PM, Glenda Robinson wrote:
>  > Cincinnati not too cold??? My BIL lives there and it SNOWS there
>  > sometimes!!!! Urk!
>
>Yes, but I like snow - and it all melts a couple of days later so we
>don't have to look at it all winter long.
>
>One of the things I had the biggest problem with when we lived in the
>south was that there were only two seasons, summer and a sort of
>vaguely not-summer.  I often got the feeling that time had ground to a
>halt and I was living the same day over and over.

Snow! Yuck! Temperatures below 55 degrees Fahrenheit! Yuck!

Seriously, 65 degrees Fahrenheit is too cold, in my opinion.

I lived in Indonesia on the island of Java for several years. There
are two seasons there. During one it is hot, humid, and rainy. During
the other it is hot, humid, and rainier. I didn't have a problem with
it. It was close to the equator, so the sunset and sunrise times
changed maybe 1/2 hour over the course of the year - very close to 12
hours of daylight all the time.

Huette recommended LA, but as i noted, i have lived in LA, first from
spring 74 through spring 77, and next from spring 82 to fall 88.
(i've lived here in the SF Bay area from September 88 to the present
- i also lived here from spring 1970 through winter 1972) have big
problems with LA smog. I hear it has improved, but i just drove
through there going to San Diego for Thanksgiving, and, well, the sky
was still brown, just a little lighter than it used to be, making my
eyes burn.

As for living in San Diego, well, my mom and my brother live there,
which is reason enough to live somewhere else.

Anahita