[Sca-cooks] To Cindy and Cariadoc, et al.

Diana Skaggs liadan at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 11 06:24:53 PST 2003

Good morning!
Cindy, I would like to ask your permission to use "Take a Thousand Eggs" at an upcoming event to teach "Beginning Redaction." Specifically, I'd like to make enough copies of a recipe/translation/redaction from volume one to use as an example, and one from volume two to discuss. I will have the original books with me and will give you full credit.
Cariadoc, much the same as from Cindy, except I'd like to pull an example from the Miscellaney.
If Gwen-Cat is lurking, I'd like to use her Welserin translation, too.
My purpose is to expose interested cooks in research, documentation and cooking of more medieval feasts in our area.  I know I'm not an expert, but I do have a whole list of experts to help.
As part of my handout, I'll be collecting all the websites I've become familiar with containing period recipes.  Also, IIRC, someone has a list of terms and their definitions somewhere.  I'd appreciate being reminded where it went, and being allowed to use the list as a resource, with appropriate credit given.
My class outline is as follows:
Greeting and introductions
Definition of redaction
Why serving period food is important to me, and the people who influenced my thoughts in this area.
Cindy's Volume one redaction - discussion
Welserin redactions I did from Gwen-Cat's translation - food tasting
If there is time, Cindy's Volume 2 recipe to discuss and redact a trial recipe
and recipe from Cariadoc's Miscellaney
The class handout will contain: recipes as described above, terms and definitions, websites and a plug for the cook's list.
If you have any suggestions, objections or comments, please let me know.  I have one hour allocated for the class, and the date is Jan 25th, 2003.
Liadan Arendell, Shire of Mooneschadowe