[Sca-cooks] Re: Safety (now catering gloves)

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Wed Jan 15 07:00:45 PST 2003

In a message dated 1/15/2003 9:47:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mooncat at in-tch.com writes:

> Must be one of those YMMV things, because I don't think I've *ever* seen
> anyone wear gloves in an SCA kitchen, and I've been doing it for 15
> years.  AFAIK, only one guy ever got sick (cross-contamination from a
> dish someone else prepared ahead of time).
> --Artemisian Maire ;-)

Well, I wasn't going to say anything... But I've NEVER worn or supplied
gloves, I HAVE encouraged people to wash their hands frequently with soap and
warm water... and SFAIK NOBODY'S gotten sick from one of my feasts.

In fact, the only times I've ever really gotten sick from an SCA feast I
suspect from my physical response somehow soap got into the food both times,
go figure... as they say, YMMV...

Corwyn

To be humble to superiors is duty,
   to equals courtesy,
   to inferiors nobleness.   __ Richard Saunders (Ben Franklin)