[Sca-cooks] tart crusts/pans

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Jan 15 07:24:29 PST 2003

These pans allowed you to bake the domed lids alone. Then you
lifted them off the lid molds/pans and placed them on
the pie to serve. Having two of them allowed for
making an extra lid in case one broke. You could also
decorate the lid and bake it at a different temperature and timing
than what the pie baked at. You only combined the two when you
got ready to serve it.

I have been looking for a picture but haven't found one yet.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis