[Sca-cooks] Re: Safety (now catering gloves)

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Jan 15 10:27:01 PST 2003

At 10:33 AM 1/15/03 -0500, you wrote:

>1. do all of you have some item of garb and/or clothing that is visisble for
>crossing parking lots and such (yes i sell reflective trim, but you can make
>due with a white tabard)  all the hand washing in the world doesnt keep you
>from getting run over.

Why and how? I am not in the habit of crossing parking lots while in garb
(I change inside or in camp) and my mommy told me to look both ways.
Admittedly, I don't work gate or roving constabulary, and when I do any
camp wandering (not often- I prefer to host) or out to the privy, I carry a
lantern.

Not to mention that the style of houppelandes I wear don't use trim.

On a side issue- I'm planning to make an overgown for a friend who is
_ALWAYS_ washing the dishes at feast. Something she can get in and out of
easily, to protect her clothes. I already have ideas about how to do this-
but has anyone made anything like this, and do you have any _specific_
pointers?

'Lainie