[Sca-cooks] Re: Safety (now catering gloves)

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Jan 15 21:39:09 PST 2003

At 09:55 PM 1/15/03 -0600, you wrote:
>'Lainie protested:
>>>1. do all of you have some item of garb and/or clothing that is visisble
for
>>>crossing parking lots and such (yes i sell reflective trim, but you can
make
>>>due with a white tabard)
>>
>> Why and how? I am not in the habit of crossing parking lots while in garb
>> (I change inside or in camp) and my mommy told me to look both ways.
>>
>> Not to mention that the style of houppelandes I wear don't use trim.
>
>Ah! Just for the slug queen, bright orange (or lime green) reflective
>lining!

Stefan...

Her Majesty Carmen Slugana seldom goes out at night, and never without an
escort. Besides- reflective fabric is stiff and nasty. I have enough
glitter on me...

I went to the library opening in a truly ugly (Beyootiful for SLUGs)
flowered dress, my orange shrug jacket, platform heels, and the Slug
Coronet. I came home with the addition of a balloon (orange of course) tied
tot eh coronet, lending a quail-like aspect to my outfit...

My lovely Library... it was so cool to stand at the bottom of teh circular
stair and think  'I helped make this'...

'Lainie