[Sca-cooks] Trying again

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Fri Jan 17 05:51:04 PST 2003

>there are almost none (with
>the possible exception of Cheez Whiz) that are miraculously
>incorruptible.

My dear Master A, you forgot VEGEMITE!!! ;-)

>Cooked rice is probably safe for a while; I know most
>of the sleazy Chinese takeout places store it in a colander at room
>temperature, at least a day's supply, more or less all day, and it
>appears to be safe that way, under those conditions, anyway.

No no no no no !!!  Adamantius, this is probably the first time I have to
vehemently disagree with you.  Cooked rice carries a nasty (I always forget
the name, our dear Avraham was good enough to remind me on a past
discussion on this list about it) that thrives at room temperature and once
there won't die by freezing or cooking.  Don't play with fire, this
particular one is iffy.  I'd not hesitate to eat raw eggs.  I'd not eat
rice left on the counter for more than an hour or so...  (and yeah, some
will say they've done it all their lives and bla bla bla....  And I eat
rare hamburger and have done so all my life too, but...  Do you *really*
wanna risk the life of someone else?)

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forth Castle, Meridies