[Sca-cooks] Question about Camp Food

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 17 09:11:56 PST 2003

>In Dorothy Hartley's book about England and cooking,
>there's a picture of a full meal being cooked in one
>kettle, with each item in its own little
>container.  That might be interesting to try.
>
>Nancy Kiel

I've seen that, I've also seen things like the "Scottish
Meal" (no idea if it is true but that was the source)
where meat and vegetables were boiled in broth. Then the
meat and vegetables were removed and served as one course
and oatmeal added to the broth and served as another.

I also saw somewhere a pudding wrapped in watertight bladders,
placed in a soup pot and the lid of the pot sealed with dough
so everything cooked together.

Gunthar