[Sca-cooks] Trying again

John Kemker john at kemker.org
Fri Jan 17 09:42:07 PST 2003

According to information I found on a CDC website, botulin toxin is
destroyed by 185F+ temps, as well.  I could not find information or
references to other microbe-generated toxins, so this would not mean that
you could just reheat to 185F and be sure you would be safe.  In any case,
I agree wholeheartedly with fra niccolo that preventing the development of
the toxin is preferable to trying to destroy it once it was in the food.