Botulin toxin (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Trying again)

John Kemker john at kemker.org
Fri Jan 17 11:35:16 PST 2003

An error in Centigrade to Fahrenheit conversion occurred:

185F+ should be 176F+ (I found a reference to 80C in a different document
and had used a poorly-remembered conversion formula rather than looking up
the formula again.)

Good Reference:  http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dbmd/diseaseinfo/botulism.pdf

Look for pp 9-10 and the discussion on Prevention and Control.

Also, refer to
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dbmd/diseaseinfo/foodborneinfections_g.htm for
general information on foodborne diseases.

Quick, name ONE food that is edible/palatable at 176F+ internal
temperature.  ;-)

--Cian O'Madadhain