[Sca-cooks] seltzer/club soda

Avraham haRofeh of Northpass goldberg at bestweb.net
Fri Jan 17 15:08:28 PST 2003

> and I never had the chance to try the ones
> at (what was the name, Avraham?) that little place on, I think, the
> Bowery (another location said to be the original home of The Brown
> Nectar):

I dunno, Master A.

> Seltzer - cold; a Three-Stooges-style squirty charger is best, but
> you can use any seltzer

I disagree. It's just not the same if you don't use seltzer from a charger,
snake or tap.

> I have heard whispered, near-mythical rumors of non-chocolate egg
> creams. Actually, vanilla egg creams are pretty common, and I assume
> strawberry ones are perfectly doable, but don't recall ever actually
> seeing one.

Vanilla egg creams are common and tasty. I've never seen a strawberry one,
either. Most places I know that make egg creams would run you out if you
asked for a strawberry egg cream - even asking for vanilla gets you shifty
eyes and suspicious glares.

Avraham

Avraham haRofeh of Northpass (soon to be "of Sudentur")
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
RandomTag: Floppy not responding, Format HARD DRIVE instead? (Y/N)

---