[Sca-cooks] Question about Camp Food

Nancy Kiel nancy_kiel at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 18 18:22:17 PST 2003

I thought that deep fat frying (submerging food completely in fat) was a
modern technique.  When did it first come into use?  And if you were deep
fat frying, wouldn't you use a down-hearth set-up, with a "burner" of coals
separate from the main fire, rather than putting all that fuel directly over
the fire?

Nancy Kiel
nancy_kiel at hotmail.com
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.   Emerson

>From: UlfR <parlei at algonet.se>
With one exception; I do not do deep