[Sca-cooks] Bright Hills Birthday

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 21 11:29:40 PST 2003

> > So, want me to poke about and see if I can come up with the menu for
> > Birthday?  Too bad it's not one of our regular bigger feasts.  It has
>been
> > so long since there was only two courses I am surprized anyone still
> > remembers how to do that.  Wouldn't you agree Master Chirhart?  And no
> > dessert board.  What a shame.  Those are the *BEST*!  I did ask to see
>who
> > was doing some kind of soltie but it doesn't appear there will be one.
>That
> > is simply a shame.  I cannot remember a feast we have done that didn't
>have
> > one.
>
>I'm perfectly happy to be surprised. :-) And I *AM* surprised that your
>Baronial Birthday would be a relatively minor event. I should have thought
>it
>would be the biggest event of the year.
>
>Avraham

Naw.  They are only feeding 125.  15 tables in all including high table.
It's just a local event around here.  Sometimes it has been investiture, in
which case it is a bigger deal.  Investiture this year will be at Garb Wars
in April.  That is a camping event and the camping events are a lot more
popular and larger although the feast is still usually limited to about the
same number because of the hall we have at that site.  When you move to
Atlantia you will find out fast that if you see the Bright Hills Cooks Guild
listed as the folks doing the feast that you get your onboard reservation in
early.  The guild is renown throughout the Kingdom for not only the period
food we prepare, but the whole presentation.  The guild has been invited,
and hired, by other Baronies and groups to cook and we have even been tapped
to do special events at Pennsic.  If you come play with us here you may find
yourself in some comic kitchen episodes.  When you get down this way, if you
like, I can forward your email address to our cooks list so you can find out
what we are up to and when.  Trust me it is NOT heavily traveled!  Probably
Ekaterina (the guild head) and me and Ro are the most talkative.  I pass on
information from this list, upcoming event plans are discussed, meeting
dates, road trip information.  Stuff like that.
Olwen