[Sca-cooks] Tequilla and Sangria - period?

Anne duBosc anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 21 15:37:27 PST 2003

Well, since none of our experts on such matters have responded, I'll give it a go.  Since Tequila is made exclusively from a plant that is native to the Western Hemisphere, I would doubt that it was produced in Western Europe until very late period, if at all.  Same with the fruits used in making Sangria.  Some are stictly New World, so nobody imported them until after Columbus "discovered" the New World.  It would seem to be true that Vikings did explore the North Atlantic coast of North America, but they didn't import any tropical food stuffs.

Mordonna

Lady Anne du Bosc
Known as Mordonna The Cook
Atenveldt, Atenveldt