[Sca-cooks] OOP request: Jellied salad???

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Jan 21 21:04:45 PST 2003

At 11:48 PM 1/21/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Ok, I need to find out what jellied salad is, so I can find the French
>equivalent.  Could anyone tell me what it is?  What's in it?  How you do it?

I'll save Master A the trouble and jump up with "There's _always_ room for
Jell-o!"

Jellied salads usually are of two types- the sweet ones of flavored
gelatin, fruit, nuts, marshmallows, Miracle Whip, cottage cheese, whipped
cream, cream cheese, and many other odd things in various combinations; of
teh savory types you might call aspic. I think if you are looking to draw a
comparison to something French, aspic is probably your best bet. I couldn't
imagine the French eating a Classic Midwestern Jell-o Salad, even on a
dare. ;-)

'Lainie