[Sca-cooks] OOP cookie help

kattratt kattratt at charter.net
Wed Jan 22 17:45:18 PST 2003

This is the second starting of this email... I deleted and started over.
 I was going to suggest using a cookie press recipe but realized that
those would not work for what it sounds like you are doing... which
sounds like using a heart shaped cookie cutter.  So then I went
searching for cookie cutter style recipes...  Then I thought wait a
second...
I have a suggestion that you might want to try.  Keep in mind I have not
personally tried this it just sort of occured to me.  I can't imagine
why it wouldn't work though...
Rather than worrying about a cookie that spreads after forming, why not
make a sheet of said cookie and cut the hearts out after it cooks but
before it cools and gets hard.  This way you could make whatever cookie
you darn well please.  Now yeah this does lead to leftover cookie pieces
that remain after you cut out your hearts... but hey I am sure you could
think of something to do with that right? You could also, to be less
wasteful, actually make round cookies just bigger than your cutter and
cut them once again fresh out of the oven.  The dough loss that way
should be minimalistic.
But this gives you your hearts with no spreading what so ever.  Just a
thought.

Nichola