[Sca-cooks] Anniversary of Amore

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 23 13:22:27 PST 2003

Do you have a copy of the"Medieval Health
Handbook", i.e. "Tacuinum sanitatis"?  It lists
foods that were thought of as aphrodesiacs or
foods that "excites lusts".   Then find a period
recipe that features that particular food.

IIRC two are asperagus and artichokes.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.