[Sca-cooks] Trying again

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Jan 24 02:22:35 PST 2003

At 05:03 AM 1/24/03 EST, you wrote:
>--
>Phlip:
>
>What do you mean by "over-processed foods"?  Could you please share some
>examples?
>
>I'd like some clarification on what you mean by "I'm really beginning to
>think that much of this food poisoning stuff is emphasized, along with
>allergies, because people are so used to eating over-processed foods".

I'd bet that's becasue the processing destroys anything- good and bad- and
our bodies can't handle stuff that would otherwise be normal part of
intestinal flora.

I had a doctor once posit to me that the sudden increase (mid 80's to mid
90's) of people coming in with adult-onset asthma problems at around 30 y.o
was inpart due to environmental factors- we over process our food, we
over-use antibiotics, our are over-stressed (our overproduction of stress
hormones has been well proven to cause a great many long term problems) and
we have more crap in the air and chemicals in our daily environment than
any culture/society has had before. it all adds up to hypersensitive immune
systems, and chronic immune disorders. As someone who suffers from all
that. I quite agree with him.

'Lainie