[Sca-cooks] OT, IP, T-Tunic oops

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Jan 24 14:21:43 PST 2003

At 01:22 PM 1/24/03 -0800, you wrote:
>--
>
>Ooops. Sorry, but my t-tunics are just that...the ill-fitting, make me
look like a battleship (oh, wait a minute, I think the spaghetti did that
;-)   ) ones that I don't think are really authentic. I love them, but I am
trying to get the design that goes with my persona, and I don't think these
do. Especially with a yoke?

Yokes can be period, if done right. Means paying attention though. ;-)

>If anyone has any ideas where I can get info on the gusseted ones I would
appreciate it.

Some simple ones:

http://www.vertetsable.com/periodstyle.htm
	scroll down to 'rectangular patterns' for some very basic pattern shapes,
and instruction on measuring and fitting

http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~marc-carlson/cloth/shirts.html
http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~marc-carlson/cloth/tunic2.html
(main page is at:
	http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~marc-carlson/cloth/bockhome.html)

	has a variety of examples of re/de-constructions of actual extant
garments. Look at all of them if you can- they vary quite a bit.

There's an amazing array of sources at:
http://moas.atlantia.sca.org/topics/clot.htm
	and
http://www.costumes.org/pages/costhistpage.htm

	both of which are huge sites where you need to pack a lunch- you won't be
back out for *hours* at a time...

>And while we are on the subject, what about angel dresses? Were they real
back then or are they fantasy?

Depends. Sometime they are very simplified houppelands, but mostly they are
fantasy- medieval-ish, rather than medieval.

>Isabella...who currently has mush for brains

Nope- onteh contrary, realizin you don't know and Asking Questions puts you
far ahead of many folk.

Isabella nad anyone else of course are well welcome to contact me off-list
with more questions about this sort of stuff, or for links to other things.
Links I have lots of...

'Lainie