[Sca-cooks] MY DAY IN CLASS

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 28 16:52:46 PST 2003

Back when Oly was its own brewery based a Tumwater and available only in the
Northwest and Alaska, it was a pretty good light pilsner.  Then Miller
bought them out, started brewing Oly all across the country without the
Tumwater mineralized springwater that gave it a little flavor.  I tried it
after it reached Oklahoma.  Lousy.

Now Miller has decided that the Tumwater plant isn't big enough to produce
the capacity they want and they don't want to invest in an upgrade, so the
plant is supposed to close.  Now all the Oly available is going to be made
somewhere other than the Olympia brewery.

I do remember Oly Gold.  I think they were trying to produce Coors under a
different name.

Bear