[Sca-cooks] small beer

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 29 04:26:46 PST 2003

You also get the question, was it bottom or top fermented?  Ale was
traditionally top fermented.  Beer (as in the hopped lagerbier produced by
the Germans) is bottom fermented.

It probably doesn't matter, as the encompassing term is beer.  Small beer
could easily have begun as an ale and gone on to being a lager as well.

Bear