[Sca-cooks] Okay, it's that time of year again...

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Jan 30 11:09:07 PST 2003

Also sprach Susan Fox-Davis:
>Phlip bemoans:
>
>>  >Spring ain't enough. Got any recipes, for, say,
>>  >High-summer-with-a-minimum-of-90-degree-temperatures rolls?
>
>We keep inviting you guys to Caid.  It will be up to 90 degrees for
>Aeduin's wedding this Saturday.
>
>Moving back to the topic:  how wrong is it to have a wedding on Chinese
>New Year?  Or is it a good time for beginnings?

Sounds okay to. There may be some astrological factors, depending on
the birth years of the bride and groom, and whatever this year is (we
are going into the Year of the Ram), but I can't think of any
particularly compelling reason it would be bad, even if you pay
attention to that stuff.

Similarly, I got a call last night from a household member who was
worried about attending a funeral today, then showing up at my place
Saturday; we talked it over and decided that the bad karma would be
associated with the year ending, not the year beginning.

Adamantius, Spiritual Advisor To The Stars -- Not!!