[Sca-cooks] deep frying

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jan 30 21:55:14 PST 2003

Phlip, the befuzzled, asked:
>> Well you _have_ to if you want to fry a turkey -- just remember not to
>> fill the cooker with too much oil
>>
>> (My thanksgiving was almost a porch fire...)
>>
>> Vitha

Hey Drakey, you've got competition...

> You know, something that has escaped me throughout all this fad for
> deep-frying turkeys.
>
> Why in blazes does anybody WANT to? Of course, I'm not a big fan of either
> turkey or deep frying, but I just don't see the point.

Because if done right you get a very nicely browned, juicy, cooked turkey. And
it is much quicker than roasting it. But unless you are doing multiple turkeys
or you can store and reuse the oil, the oil makes it expensive. For one turkey
much more than the cost of the turkey.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com