[Sca-cooks] Fw: [Aten_Cooks](long) Feast Policy Draft for Review

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Jul 1 05:01:04 PDT 2003

Well, my general comment is that I wouldn't be doing any cooking for a
kingdom event in Atenveldt anytime soon, not with that load of bureaucratic distrust
- as it appears clear to me that they think cooks are inflating their costs
for the number of diners served and are trying to prevent that from happening.
My second comment was somewhat ameliorated by the ability to recalculate 2
weeks before the event, but...unless the situation in Atenveldt is entirely
different then it is here in the East, the requirement to be able to name your
servers and to estimate total numbers of adults and children who will be feasting
6 months before an event is ludicrous.  Even coming up with a reasonable
estimate 2 weeks before the event would be extremely difficult, as most of our
event reservations come in in the 2 weeks before the event.  If I were to have
followed that criteria for some of our shire events, I'd only have been allowed
to cook for about 20 people, when I ended up cooking for 80 because I waited
until the Wednesday or Thursday before the event  to determine what my maximum
number would be.

Brangwayna