[Sca-cooks] RE digby fine cakes

Susan Laing paxford at gil.com.au
Thu Jul 3 14:55:33 PDT 2003

 Just to let everyone know - I ended up doubling the ingredients of the
recipe (substituting more cream for the sack as I had none to hand).

I ended up with about 60-70 3inch wide star shaped cookies (we were running
with a celestrial theme and stars ended up easier to cut out with a cookie
cutter than crabs were [birthday baroness' star sign is cancer]

So I would hazard that one quantity of the recipe posted in Cariadoc's
miscellany of "Digby's fine cakes" would make up about 30 or so normal sized
biscuits; and Digby's original recipe (3 times the amount used by Cariadoc)
to make about 90 to 100.

Oh! and the biscuits were NUMMY! :-)

Marion de Paxford