[Sca-cooks] question: Medieval restaurant at Pennsic

Etain1263 at aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Fri Jul 18 10:44:03 PDT 2003

Hi all!
  I just finished lunching with a friend who does catering for a living.  I,
of course, was enthusiastically telling him about my upcoming "vacation" and
he was interested in the food vending.  I told him that it was pretty much
covered, except that most of the "in period" food was done at the individual
campsites.  He is very interested in learning if it would be feasible to do a
totally medieval food vending at Pennsic. (not this year!).  So...I know we've
talked about this, but I don't know what the consensus was.
  Would people buy period food?  Would he do better with a push-cart, vending
around the A&S tents and the battlefields?  Is it even possible for a
newcomer to get a food vending license?  I don't do any merchanting (I only buy), so
I'm totally clueless.
   What about this idea: (OOP)..a pushcart selling frozen snack items (sort
of a medieval "ice-cream truck")?

Etain (Etain1263 at aol.com)