[Sca-cooks] completely OT: my new shop

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Wed Jul 23 15:23:16 PDT 2003

This is all about my new store, and the trials and travails of opening it
up, which is WHY i havent been posting much lately...

completely off topic

and out of period

The shop is finally starting to look like a store again... the painting is
mostly done, and some of the displays arrived, the cash register is up and
running, kind of, and the credit card machine is working....

We still need to assemble the new bookcases.  but the layout looks better
now.

We got the first load of candles in today, the first load of crystals, and
the Dryad Designs statuary and jewelry, plus the first shipment of tarot
decks... <whew>

i expect another load of crystals and stones, another load of candles, a BIG
shipment of incense, more books, more tarot decks,and some other odds and
ends by Friday.

i *hope* some of it will be in by tomorrow.  i still have to price and label
so much of it.

the silk banners and the rest of the music may not get in until during the
celebration.. but some of the CDs are in already.

AND we got a new display that *might* be in by Monday, or might not.  in
which case dont be surprised if it gets dumped off by UPS *during* the
celebration.

of course all this means that right now the shop looks like a packing supply
store, but that will all work out soon.

Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...