[Sca-cooks] 'kitchen fright'?

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jul 23 17:00:54 PDT 2003

Is there a term for that sinking feeling you get soon before an event
where you're cooking the big meal (other than neurotic panic)? Something
like stage fright. They say that some serious stage actors still get stage
fright all through their career. I'm getting kitchen fright... for War
Camp. Oh My. I'm sure I could run the dayboard in my sleep... but the
trouble is having to run it when I'm awake and paying attention. :)

Thanks for letting me vent.

BTW, I've submitted my first 'all by myself' feast bid, for an event in
October. We will see how it goes, whether mine is accepted. :)

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Freedom is expensive, dangerous, unpredictable, and sometimes ugly
and offensive. At such a high price, no wonder it is sweet."
-- John N. Barry, _Library Journal_, January 1992