[Sca-cooks] spice and rotten meat

Mary Morman mem at rialto.org
Fri Jul 25 12:01:04 PDT 2003

Like the rest of you, I'm not sure of the origin of this "theory" but it
is being kept in the public eye at several historical sites in England.
 I remember hearing it as part of the guides speil at the Shakespeare
properties - specifically Anne Hathaway's cottage and Mary Arden's farm
- and at Plas Mawr in Wales.  Both times I spoke up to correct the guide
both during the tour and then spoke to the people in charge afterwards.
 No one was at all interested in differentiating fact from fiction.

Elaina

--
To be humble to superiors is duty,
  to equals courtesy,