[Sca-cooks] OT/OOP wonky hotmail test

Lorenz Wieland lorenz_wieland at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 2 10:58:25 PDT 2003

---- Original Message ----
> For some reason I now have a toolbar on this screen.  Does anyone
> know if hotmail did some more crazy stuff or is something wrong with
> my computer brain?

Without a picture of this toolbar it's impossible to state for sure, but it sounds like you've been "infected" with Hotbar or other, similar spyware masquerading as a browser add-on.

If you're not already running good anti-virus software that protects your e-mail, that's step one.  Step two is peridocially runnning AdAware (or something similar) to strip your PC of any spyware you picked up:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/article.php?sid=506&cat=31

-Lorenz