[Sca-cooks] Middle Eastern Food

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 3 06:58:08 PDT 2003

>This is a quite interesting link to comments about how the Crusades changed
>the food landscape in the Middle East.
>
>>http://jeru.huji.ac.il/ef41.htm
>

>Ana

I found it interesting they said that lotus was used.  I never read that in
any period recipes I have come across.  Nice site though.

They don't give a source or time period for a recipe they have on the site
but it sounds good and it even sounds as if it actually may be a period
recipe.  What do you all think?  Here is the list of ingredients:

Lamb with broad beans (fava beans) and artichokes

1 shoulder of lamb, cut into individual portions

1/2 cup olive oil

1 teaspoon saffron

5-6 cloves of garlic, crushed

Salt