[Sca-cooks] Re: le menagier

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 3 15:56:30 PDT 2003

On 3 Jul 2003, at 12:16, Jeff.Gedney at Dictaphone.com wrote:

> > I wonder if there could be a mistake here.  The transcription of the
> French at:
> > http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/menagier/menagier3.html
> > reads as follows:
> > "Assiette : roisins et pesches ou petis past????s."
>
> "ou petis pastes" is what it says... OR little pies

The question marks were not inserted by me.  I copied and pasted the
phrase, and the accented "e" seems to have caused the problem.

> I should have known to check to original first.    My bad.

Bearing in mind that this *isn't* the original -- it's Pichon's 1846 transcription
from the manuscript.  Published transcriptions can have some outrageous
errors in them, as I discovered with de Nola.

> Ok so I can do some little pies and fresh fruit... that makes a great
> appetiser course!
>
> Thanks!!

Il n'y a pas de quoi

> Brandu

Brighid, who ought to be packing for Northern Region War Practice
(Any of you Easterner's going to be there?)
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net