[Sca-cooks] faux watermelon?

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 5 10:31:28 PDT 2003

--- Aurore <Aurore at hot.rr.com> wrote:

> 2pints of frozen strawberries, a package of
> strawberry glaze, a handful or
> two of raisins: all in a bowl.  Mix.  Then a
> thin layer of green frosting on
> top.  A little sweet but it was good after a
> good afternoon of swimming.
> Aurore

So I take it that this remains in the bowl and is
not molded?

I am not sure that I would like green frosting on
top.  If I made this. I probably would use green
jello, following the jiggler recipe, on top.
This would be a lot less sweet.

Now that I am thinking about it, I have a cake
pan that is shaped like half a football.  I think
that I will fill it with the green jello jiggler,
then when it is stiff, I will scoop out most of
the jello, leaving a shell.  I will then fill it
with the strawberry mixture, but I think I will
use
strawberry jello instead of the glaze [but still
using the strawberries and raisins], again using
the jiggler recipe.  When this is unmolded it
should look just like a watermelon cut in half.

Thank you for the inspiration!

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.