[Sca-cooks] On a whim: white chocolate buttercream???

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Sun Jul 6 14:01:06 PDT 2003

On Friday, July 4, 2003, at 04:07  PM, Huette von Ahrens wrote:

> Here are two recipes from Rose Levy Beranbaum's
> "The Cake Bible".

Many thanks, Huette! I'll file these for future use.

As it happened, I pretty much decided on the spur of the moment to use
the cocoa butter because I had it on hand, and no other form of white
chocolate. It actually did provide a pretty intense white chocolate
flavor and aroma. Points off for appearance and texture, though. My
frosting looked just a tad like shiny mashed potatoes, and as it sat it
began to leak tiny beads of cocoa butter. I might have been able to
prevent this if I had anticipated it. Tasted great, though.

Thanks again!

Adamantius