[Sca-cooks] NON-STICK COOKWARE

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Jul 7 21:30:38 PDT 2003

I like Calphalon alot these days. Of course
once a year in December the company comes up to
Ann Arbor and throws a warehouse sale in a real
warehouse over by the airport. The prices are super
fantastic. Everyone who is into cookware arrives early
and carrying their Chef's catalogs and other discount
catalogues so that prices can be compared on the spot.
The warehouse nearly always wins.  You can end up with
the 90 dollar skillets for 30 which is a real bargain.
The various types vary by weight and also type of handles
vary some besides the actual surfaces. They do a nice
expensive stainless heavy  steel for those that don't want
a non-stick surface. I have some really nice skillets
now that I always handwash and store carefully. They also
sell things like their professional bakeware and oven mitts
and even the spatulas and spoons for non-stick surfaces.

It's nice if you can do it to actually go somewhere
and browse a store that offers the entire line so that
you can compare skillet to skillet to skillet. Compare
all the lines in person if you can.
Then write down what you want and go shop for the best price.

Johnnae llyn Lewis