[Sca-cooks] Re: Pennsic - meals, etc - sorta OT

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jul 7 21:43:55 PDT 2003

Rosine gave a nice summary of some of the food items available in the
Pennsic Food Court.
Thank you, Rosine. This will be my ninth (gasp) Pennsic starting at
Pennsic 21. And there was information in this summery I wasn't aware
of. When I was eating on my own, the Food Court was one of my food
sources. It can get rather expensive, though. Part of what I did was to
get a ride into town and buy simple, non cooking required things that I
could eat for breakfast and lunch and then do the Food Court only for
dinner and sometimes for lunch. Even today when I eat on the SPCA meal
plan, sometimes it isn't worth going back to camp between two classes
and I will head over to the food court.

Another option is to keep in mind that many groups offer hospitality
foods in the evenings at various parties and get-togethers. For
instance, the Ansteorra Chili Night. Other groups and kingdoms often
have similar things. Unfortunately, it is often difficult to hear about
these in the first place, unless you have friends in the host group.
And sometimes the wait in line is rather long. But certainly an option
to keep in mind.

Stefan
(Who did learn that too much mead and spicy chili is not necessarily a
good combination, at a previous Ansteorran Chili Night)
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com